Soap Box rantings


I’m going to climb on a soap box for a few minutes and rant about something that has been on my mind. It's not earth shattering, will not cause the 2008 elections to sway one way or another, nor will it make you as rich as Warren Buffett or Bill Gates. But it does cause problems in your personal life (I do not mean your LOVE life) - well, I suppose it could.

Split ends, brittle hair, little wads of hair in the drain after you wash your hair? Oh yea, admit it….I could probably throw in dandruff and dry skin too, but I’m not sure about them.

Shampoo and soap companies are getting R-I-C-H, thanks to the constant bombardment of TV ads promoting hair products, soap and body lotions. Think about it.......how many people walking around your town have gorgeous, silky hair that flows in the wind and glistens like silk? I'm not even sure their hair is real......but you buy the product. After all, would they lie???
*
What they don't tell you is WHY their shampoo gives you a headful of foam.....but you've been taught to expect it. (heres a hint: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate)
*
"What....no foam? How will my hair get clean? It won't be shiny and manageable! I won't be able to attract a MAN if my hair is dull and drab!".
*
Read the ingredients on your
shampoo bottle or on the bottle of your child’s bubble bath. Click on shampoo and bubble bath . Do you also have dry, flaky skin? Read the label on that bar of soap......there's that dreaded Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
*
Is your hair and skin really THAT dirty!!!

1 comment:

SuperSkyRockets said...

Hey great post, very enlightening. I think next time I got to a hairdresser's I am going to ask them to reccomend a shampoo and see what they come up with. I'm sure the massive marketing budgets of shampoo companies will extend to a few commissions for barbers as well. What do you think?