Washed checks

Suppose your stolen checks have been forged and cashed. The money has been withdrawn from your checking account....will the bank reimburse you?

In my case, I immediately notified my bank that there was a forged check on my account....and, they later credited my account with the $625.00 had been withdrawn.

(Personally, I feel that had the teller bothered to pull up our signature card on the bank's computer, they would have seen that the signature on the forged check did not match the one on the signature card)

According to the National Check Fraud Center.....

"IF YOU FAIL TO REPORT CHECK FRAUD WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIVING YOUR MONTHLY STATEMENT, THE BANK DOES NOT HAVE TO REIMBURSE YOUR LOSS (UCC Code 4-406)"

If you have a habit of putting the bank statement in a drawer, planning to look at it later or if your statement is online and even though you know it's there, you seldom remember to look at it, you may NOT be reimbursed
.


Result....the dreaded OVERDRAWN statement!!!!!

No comments: